Boundaries are important in relationships and life
Definition: Boundaries are limits and rules about:
1) what we will or will not do based on our beliefs, values, risk tolerance, etc.
2) what we are allowed or not allowed to do by the boundaries of others.
3) how we let people treat us and how we treat others.
4) keeping ourselves safe physically, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
5) how we let people talk to us and how we talk to others.
6) self-respect, responsibility, integrity, appropriateness & protection.
7) recognizing and respecting the boundaries of others.
8) the consequences we will give others for breaking or pushing our boundaries.
9) letting our ‘yes’ YES and our ‘no’ NO.
10) being okay to create new boundaries and adjust old boundaries.