- 750,000 teen girls get pregnant every year.1
- 31% of young women get pregnant at least once before they turn 20.2
- Only 1/3 of teen moms graduate from high school.3
From Teen Birth Statistics for Santa Cruz County, 2005:4
- The teen birth rate was 31 per 1000 females ages 15-19.
- 9% of the total births were teen births (344 out of 3899).
- 71% of the teen births were to girls in Watsonville.
Check out these other sites for more pregnancy-related info:
- National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy, “Facts & Stats – 1.”
- National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy, “General Facts and Stats.”
- Santa Cruz County Health Services Agency, “Birth Certificate Summary & Perinatal Indicators 2005,” compiled in May 2006.